Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Recruits Convention 2017

The annual Recruits convention in Lee's Summit, Missouri was a wonderful time.  I went as a player this time around and had a great time getting in some wonderful gaming time with old friends and new acquaintances.
I have played in this GM's French and Indian war game before and I always relish the chance to push around some 54mm lead figures from Jenkin's collectibles.  I played as a militia commander and was tasked with defending a small settlement from attacking Indians.

He would not live to see the next day....

That's me with the pistol.  A gallant figure and he fought bravely in the game.

The "settlement."


This time I sat astride a destrier and fought in a medieval knight melee.

Again I died valiantly and not necessarily all that epic.

Great 90mm game.





And then I drove around in a bad-ass Dodge with a machinegun mounted on the hood.

Had an epic flaming fireball of a death in this one.


Bought some old football miniatures at the flea market.



All of these and some more for $1.00

Bought a significant piece of electric football history with this acquisition.  This was a private sale that was arranged after a war game acquaintance asked if I would be interested in looking at his game from his childhood.

I was very lucky to acquire this item.  A prized piece in my set collection.

The 1970 Electric Super Bowl.

Chiefs vs. Vikings

Complete, near mint condition.






I played in two DBA tournaments as well but never took any photographs.  I used my ancient British  Book II. 57.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. The board has published the new and redesigned PSEB 12th question paper and marking scheme on the official website. PSEB 12th Model Paper 2022 We have provided direct links to download the PDF files of the new question paper structure. Candidates will get an idea of the marking scheme and exam pattern, which can help them score good marks. Therefore, candidates are advised to go through the required sample papers for PSEB 12th exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of those 90mm knights, I would like to know how you played that game? Is it card driven?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete